Multnomah County's Department of County Assets (DCA) is looking for an experienced Senior Salesforce Developer to support the county’s Salesforce platform. In this role, you will participate in the full life-cycle software development process of analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of information systems for county customers. You will work directly with customers and other technical staff to resolve problems and provide technical assistance on the applications in production; lead development, quality assurance, and research and development efforts, and serve as project lead for cross-functional teams in large development projects as necessary.
Essential Job Duties:
Salesforce Application Development:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain software application components in the Salesforce environment including screens, forms, reports, and objects using departmental standards, methods, and techniques.
- Perform technical lead and/or project management for complex projects; assign software development tasks to project team members and monitor to make sure they are completed within the allotted timeline.
- Provide expert technical review of peers' project deliverables; ensure tasks are completed to quality standards.
- Design, develop, and maintain interfaces with other internal and external applications.
- Monitor applications and systems, as required, to proactively identify service disruptions and opportunities to improve stability, performance, and availability.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with Salesforce processes including source code control and software build environments.
- Identify, propose, and develop system improvements in functionality and performance
- Responsible for understanding and executing security models that meet privacy and regulatory protocols.
Salesforce Software Development Lifecycle Processes:
- Coordinate technical tasks through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Develop and oversee project work plans, including defining project implementation schedules and priorities; collaborate with functional teams to translate user needs into solutions; serve as a project or technical lead; coordinate the work of others.
- Provide technical support and assistance to users; develop and deliver training; troubleshoot issues and resolve problems; track issues and document solutions; create reports.
- Provide project management in collaboration with departments and outside agencies to build integrated solutions; build consensus with management, users, and vendors to problem-solve development needs; formulate scope and objectives for software development projects and define outcomes; develop and recommend solutions.
- Understand, support, and use the Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Provide accurate estimates of work, track progress, and communicate problems.
- Comply with the processes, procedures, standards, tools, and activities of software development and testing at Multnomah County.
- Perform all levels of testing from unit testing, system testing, load testing, automated testing, and regression testing through user acceptance testing, as required.
- Design, implement, and support automated build and deploy processes for application systems.
- Document, communicate, and track security, access, and quality risks and appropriate strategies for mitigation.
Providing Customer and IT Services:
- Work with customers to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Articulate technical concepts in business terms effectively through verbal or written communication.
- Ensure that developed software meets business needs, adheres to technical standards, and uses development best practices.
- Provide data to answer customer queries, user support, and consulting, as needed.
- Provide consulting to other members of the development team on technical questions, issues, and processes.
- Diagnose and resolve errors or issues with software being developed or implemented.
- Responsible for support tasks and overall incident management including bug tracking, and troubleshooting.
- Perform upgrades, enhancements, maintenance, and continuing support of existing Salesforce applications.
- Analyze, resolve, and provide ongoing post-implementation technical support.
- Develop and maintain technical and user documentation.
Please see our website for full job posting and details!