Customer.io is looking for collaborative senior scaling developers who love solving interesting puzzles and are excited to help us build out a scalable platform that our customers love. Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate and highly effective. We offer a lot of opportunity to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. Other members of our team have backgrounds in a wide variety of industries, from AdTech to Gaming, and we believe that embracing our unique perspectives and expertise is key to our success as a collaborative team.
We value diversity, and as a distributed company are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
What you'll do:
- Be a model and mentor for writing well-architected, well-tested and easy to understand services in Go that help our customers easily send timely & relevant messages at scale
- Apply your unique perspective to help us define and build the next generation of features and infrastructure needed to help our customers and our company to flourish
- Work with our tech support teams to diagnose operational issues and help our customers to achieve their goals with our product
- Take an active role in a friendly supportive team that encourages you and the entire company to grow as individuals, professionals and teams
- Mentor your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration, and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together
What we're looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Experience working with customers and applying a deep understanding of their needs to produce timely solutions to their real-world problems
- A solid understanding of problems of scalability and experience building out performant distributed applications on cloud infrastructure.
- Comfort working in UNIX environments and applying modern collaborative development practices.
- Proficiency in Go
- Experience in working with RDB systems, preferably MySQL
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions quickly and without mentorship
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred