Marketo is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for the Customer Engineering Team (CET). Our ideal candidate is a full-stack engineer with an emphasis on back-end development (experienced in modern Java or Scala frameworks) and a strong background in solutions that are part of larger integrations. This is a technical lead role so having outstanding ideas and vision is required. Being able to craft features in or outside of an existing code base, devise your own requirements, motivate/mentor a team, solution integrated environments, and be able to stare down a customer as you do it is the job at hand.
CET is an enterprise skunkworks and engineering swat team that interacts directly with the world's largest technology companies while building the highest scale features. We assist other component owners in delivering high-quality features to our customers. Join our high-performance team that demands excellence!
Currently, this is an effectively remote position. This position will move to a hybrid in-office model as Adobe forms its future work vision. The core team is in Portland, OR while other associated teams are in Seattle, WA, and San Jose, CA.
What you'll do
- Performing the role of team technical and project leader, plotting a strategic course in technical directions
- Assisting product managers with requirements for highly technical projects.
- Building high-performance solutions, and helping others do so as well
- Troubleshooting sophisticated software problems
- Crafting and developing large-scale Web applications with high availability and reliability
- Communicating with others clearly and persuasively verbally and through writing
- Up for 5% travel (once that is a thing that companies do again)
What you need to succeed
- Building enterprise-grade RESTful microservices
- Java and frameworks such as Spring (or equivalent)
- 8+years of total experience in SaaS environments with experience with many of the following:
- Strong Development Philosophy - Functional programming paradigms, usage of immutable data structures
- Can dip into Node.js with WebSocket/Socket.io
- Experience in Databases like MySQL, Postgres will be an added advantage
- NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Knowledge of how and when to use Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Akka, and other messaging queues
- With relative ease assist with query optimization and database tuning concepts
- Common open-source application/web servers like Tomcat, Node.js, Nginx, Apache
- Phenomenal ideas about how to set up CI/CD pipelines
- Docker or other container orchestration packages
- Software code version control systems (Git preferred)
- The ability to occasionally wade into PHP and PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience