We're growing our Service Excellence Engineering team within Autodesk's Enterprise Systems and Experience (ESE) organization. As part of the ESE team, you will play an important role in building and continually improving company-wide service data and management platforms critical to providing world-class developer experiences. You will work within an inclusive culture that offers competitive and equitable salaries, generous benefits, exciting career growth opportunities and work-life balance.
- Influence the design of and build highly available, resilient, secure and durable systems
- Influence the product/technology's overall architecture to include ongoing reengineering and modification of the existing designs to accommodate future features while maintaining architectural adaptability
- Participate in technical discussions and decision making
- Evaluate the feasibility of alternative directions in future data/architecture/platform development through the creation of models and prototypes
- Conduct effective code and architecture reviews. Ensure that the architecture achieves the desired quality attributes, attributes such as security, scalability, and resilience, from the end system, product, service or module
- Broad knowledge of data, development tools and programming languages, understanding their appropriate application
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity
- Use Machine Learning where appropriate to engineer new digital capabilities or augment existing processes
- Improving the performance of existing software
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues
- 5+ years of engineering or related experience
- Experience facilitating discussions with senior leadership regarding technical / architectural trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
- Direct hands-on experience leading the development and deployment of business software in an agile environment
- Strong knowledge in object-originated programming
- Proficient understanding of core AWS services
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience implementing REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience working with databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience creating tests using Test-driven development (TDD) or Behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Working knowledge of build automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to understand problems, think critically, and devise solutions
- Ability to actively speak up, collaborate and contribute ideas to the team
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- Experience using serverless technologies
- Experience using Docker to build and deploy containerized applications
- Experience with web UI frameworks such as Vue, React, and Angular
- Minimum of 2 years of development experience focused on user interface technologies
Click below to learn more about our benefits in the US.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive package. For U.S.-based roles, we expect a starting base salary between $131,200 and $212,300. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location, and may exceed this range. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.