Human and AI Systems Research (HAR) Lab in Intel Labs focuses on multi-disciplinary research spanning ethnography, design, HCI, and AI to create Human/AI collaborative systems that can amplify human potential and create sustainable and transparent AI solutions. We utilize multi-modal signals (e.g. vision, audio, speech, language, physiology) and AI to infer and predict human state and actions and enable contextual learning for physically situated recognition, dialog, and interactions. We conduct fundamental and applied research in the context of vertical domains including manufacturing, education, enterprise, and assistive computing.
Intel Labs is an industry-leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline, product innovations, and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high-risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
HAR is looking for a full-time senior SW / Systems Engineer with deep knowledge of coding languages, SW and OS frameworks, MLOPS experience, and hands-on experience on POC and system deployments in real conditions.
The ideal candidate should be an eager and fast learner of new technologies, who can work hands-on on research projects being conducted in one or more of HAR's interdisciplinary focus areas.
In this position, you will collaborate with a diverse team of UX and AI researchers, as well as other SW and HW engineers to create complete systems integrating horizontal capabilities being developed within the team (e.g. object and person tracking, activity recognition, gesture recognition, emotion recognition, dialog systems, etc.) and leverage them to create compelling experiences.
These POCs and end-to-end solutions will be deployed in real settings such as manufacturing facilities, workplaces, schools, and homes, with final users testing them and providing feedback for iterative design and development. They will also be demonstrated to stakeholders, showed in internal and external events, and enable publication of novel findings in top-tier journals and conferences.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experiences listed may be obtained through academic coursework or projects, prior internships, or comparable industry roles.
The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering, or Electrical Engineering
2+ years of experience in the below area:
- General programming languages (Python, C, C++, C#, Java)
- Deep knowledge of modern programming paradigms
- Developing end-to-end systems and solutions (web apps, client/server applications)
- OS sysadmin and OS scripting (Linux Bash, Windows)
- End-to-end setup and deployment of integrated HW/SW/AI systems in real settings
- ROS Operating system
- Back-end web development (Node.js, REST, WebServices)
- Modern scalable deployment technologies (e.g. Docker, microservices, Kubernetes etc.)
- SW lifecycle CI/CD technologies (e.g. Git, etc.)
- Internals of Linux distributions including packaging, debugging, performance analysis (i.e. Ubuntu)
- Best practices for ML model lifecycles (MLOPS)
- Popular deep learning frameworks (e.g. Pytorch, Tensorflow, OpenVino) for inferencing
- Web-based cloud development (Amazon AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud)