Fond is a SaaS platform that seamlessly consolidates employee rewards and recognition processes into one easy-to-use solution. With Fond, employees and managers can recognize each other, redeem rewards, access exclusive corporate discounts, and measure success so HR departments spend less time managing programs and more time driving results. Some of our current customers include Salesforce, Weight Watchers, Instacart, plus hundreds of others. Fond is funded by investors including DCM, Andreessen Horowitz and SV Angel. If you want to be part of the team that delivers industry-leading engagement and recognition capabilities for top companies, Fond is for you!
We’re looking for an experienced, product-minded Senior Software Engineer to expand our Fond team. We work smart, fast, and cohesively as a team, both within engineering and across the rest of the company.
Our team is guided by two important core values:
• Help customers succeed
• Help each other succeed
Fond’s engineering team aspires to deliver industry-leading elegant, innovative solutions and to help formulate processes that work for us. We utilize microservices that are primarily in Ruby on Rails with a React frontend. We also build native iOS and Android apps.
Fond is headquartered in Portland, but we are currently operating as a fully remote team due to Covid. Our ideal candidate will be in the Pacific or Mountain time zone.
- Work as part of a collaborative, agile team to deliver industry-leading engagement capabilities in web and mobile
- Design and develop feature enhancements that continue to deliver on the value and provide an excellent customer experience
- Integrate with other services to help Fond seamlessly provide value to more companies
- Troubleshoot and resolve emergency server or code issues at any stack level
- Pair with other Engineers to mentor and/or learn the various facets to the dev stack
- 4+ years of building and delivering production-quality web application development
- Broad understanding of web technologies, with deep knowledge of designing and constructing the UX and state management for complex web applications
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web framework
- Unit and automated testing experience (e.g. RSpec, Selenium, Cypress)
- 3rd party API usage and integration experience
- Ability to empathize with end-users; build with scale and ease of adoption in mindStrong software design pattern skills for producing modular, yet performant, and clear, yet not too complicated code
- Experience building in an agile setting with code reviews and quality as a priority
- Persistence: design it, build it, if it breaks, fix it, but make it work, and make it shine
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or commensurate experience
- Mobile app development experience; native iOS or Android or React Native
- Amazon Web Services, DevOps experience
- Database Design
- SDET/QA experience
- Competitive salary and equity package ($110K-$120K based on experience)
- 100% employee + 60% dependent/spouse premium coverage on Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick policy
- Great culture and team camaraderie
- Macbook Pro or similar Linux laptop