Comscore is a data company. We collect and process trillions of data events each day, have 10s of petabytes of data online and each month our systems read and process nearly an exabyte. We analyze the media consumption behaviors of millions of consumers across the world, including online activity, television viewership, product purchases, and demographics all with an eye towards consumer privacy and data governance. Our clients include major internet companies, movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and expertise to increase their marketing efficiency.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our cross-platform advertisement measurement team. This job involves designing and maintaining big data, web & engineering solutions capable of running efficiently and robustly at petabyte scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, design, and develop components for cross-platform advertisement measurement products
- Work closely with product, analytics and innovation teams to find best solutions for our clients
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking and teamwork
- Collaborate with DevOps and operation teams to build fully automated data pipelines
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in developing applications in professional environment
- 2+ years of experience developing in Java in Unix/Linux environment
- Comfortable with a varieties of Java build systems including ant and maven
- Solid understanding of big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Pig, Spark. Scala is a plus
- Ability to design and implement components independently and can take lead on projects as required.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS and/or GCP
- Knowledge of Python and workflow management tools like Apache Airflow is a plus
- Compensation: $120,000 - $150,000; commensurate with experience