The Frontend team at Squarespace is building one of the most advanced interfaces on the web. With it, our customers can easily create beautiful interactive websites and stores. If you are a Frontend Engineer who strives to go beyond what is possible in a web browser, we want to hear from you!
You will report directly to the Product Engineering Team Lead. This position can be a full-time remote position or located in New York.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID‑19.
You'll Get To…
- Design and build new features into the Squarespace interface
- Take a lead role with other engineers and designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies such as React and ES2016+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, readable code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Mentor junior team members
Who We're Looking For
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technologies
- Develop features and create fulfilling user experiences
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and dependable code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Health Savings Account with Squarespace funding
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Supplemental Insurance plans
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote Stipend
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $113,000 - $201,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.