OpenSesame helps develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. We have the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers. While it appears to most people that we just sell training courses (a lot of them), we really offer the opportunity for companies to upgrade the skills of each of their employees. To learn more, visit www.opensesame.com/about.
About the Team:
The Product team at OpenSesame is responsible for developing our strategic roadmap and delivering high-value products and features for our customers. We define, design, launch and support the OpenSesame platform with learning administrators and individual learners. We are obsessed with delivering a fantastic customer experience.
About the Job
You will collaborate with other Designers, Product and Engineering teams to create holistic, compelling and delightful experiences for our customers on a day-to-day basis, you will be designing, developing, and improving the OpenSesame platform in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering. You will define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and user experience. You will use existing skills and learn new ones--always taking a user-driven approach to your work.
Are you a forward-thinking problem solver, quick study, self starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design ? Do you care deeply about education and the future of online learning? If you are comfortable working in a rapidly evolving field and want to navigate the intersection of learning and technology this could be the role for you!
- Within 30 days, demonstrate solid understanding of our design process, design system and overall how we deliver products to our users.
- Within 60 days, be embedded within your domain working with Product Managers, Engineers and Stakeholders contributing to the product process and delivering design.
- Within 90 days, have a solid understanding of the OpenSesame ecosystem as a whole to be able to contribute in other areas outside of your domain.
- Conduct user research, gain insights on our user’s behavior, and use findings to influence design decisions.
- Collaborate with fellow Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and Stakeholders to uncover user needs and opportunities
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Developing UX and UI designs from initial ideation, through rapid iteration, to engineering implementation.
- Maintain and expand our design systems in collaboration with fellow Designers and Engineering to optimize design delivery, ensure consistent design, and reduce recurring engineering implementation costs
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, Computer Sciences, or a related discipline
- 3+ year’s UI/UX design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a key, hands-on interaction/visual designer of a UI/UX team through the product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Passion for understanding (and keeping the team informed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
- Commitment to ensuring design consistency and continuity across projects
- Experience working with cross-functional teams — including design, content, SMEs, product, business, and engineering — to provide focus and priority for new features
- Industry experience in working with training and HR related data sets is a plus