A-dec has become an employer of choice and the world’s leading manufacturer of reliable dental equipment, including patient chairs, operatory lights, dental delivery systems, and much more. Our global headquarters, located in Newberg, Oregon, spread across more than 50 acres, our vertically integrated manufacturing campus supports many teams with diverse responsibilities all working together to innovate, design, and produce creative, reliable, solutions for our customers.
This position independently applies extensive knowledge of advanced software engineering techniques and procedures to architect the development of new or refined products and processes. (Throughout this document, the term “software” is used generically to represent software and/or firmware).
- Represents the department with considerable independent judgment to conceive and plan projects involving a wide range of complex product or process problems that require new approaches and exploration.
- Independently works on a wide range of unique and/or complex problems that require knowledge of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, concepts, and practices of own discipline and related disciplines.
- Independently analyzes unusually complex software problems to determine highly innovative and ingenious solutions, theories, and concepts.
- Researches and applies new or improved techniques and procedures in software testing based on knowledge of complex engineering principles and a diverse array of software skills.
- Directs a few technicians and engineers, and may be the technical lead for software engineers over a wide range of projects.
- BS degree and at least 10 years of relevant software engineering experience of increasing complexity.
- Embedded software development experience using C and C++.
- Ability to provide imaginative, thorough, and practical software solutions to a wide range of complex problems.
- Mastery of hardware/software integration techniques, CM tools and techniques, and the ability to direct others or provide expert consulting advice.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills with a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment while following established procedures.
- Experience developing software in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Experience working with real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Experience with distributed modeling and simulation, CAN Bus, Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C interfaces, and Programmable Electrical Medical Systems (PEMS).
Drug Screen and Background Check required.
A-dec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, A-dec will not discriminate against applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another. *VEVRAA Federal Contractor”