As a Software Engineer at Bigleaf, you will develop software for Bigleaf SD-WAN products and services, as well as own mission-critical infrastructure for supporting those products. Your contributions will ensure stable and secure Internet connectivity for Bigleaf customers. Come join us at Bigleaf to help those businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
This position is 100% remote.
- Design, implement and deploy new software features for Bigleaf customers
- Design and build RESTful APIs for our Bigleaf frontend and external integrations
- Plan, create and execute unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing for other team members
- Fix bugs in system or application functionality based on QA and user-submitted tickets
- Work in an agile development environment with cross-functional team
- Perform peer reviews of specifications, designs, and code
- Participate in our development on-call rotation
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software development experience with Python, or similar programming languages
- Proven experience in designing, building, and maintaining scalable RESTful API’s
- Solid understanding of database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated ability with unit testing and working with modern unit test frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (e.g., GitHub Actions, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.)
- Proven record of building and deploying cloud-native applications (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
Things That Will Help You Stand Out:
- Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, CloudFront, Lambda, etc
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and container platforms
- Experience with one or more virtualization tools such as Vagrant and VirtualBox
- Knowledge and/or experience with basic network protocols (TCP/IP, IPv6)
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks provides internet connectivity without complexity, making it easy for IT pros and their organizations to conduct business on the internet with confidence. Bigleaf’s unique network optimization solution adapts traffic to circuit conditions in real-time to preserve application performance and optimize user productivity despite circuit degradations or outages. The Bigleaf solution integrates seamlessly with established firewalls, ISPs, and applications, takes only minutes to install, and works unattended to provide immediate relief and value.
Founded in 2012 in Portland, Oregon, Bigleaf Networks is investor-backed and provides service across North America and Europe.