BigML is looking for an energetic software engineer to work on innovative predictive applications. If you like to build end-to-end smart applications that are simple, functional and delightful, and love to sweat the details, we would love to see you become part of our team. We embrace distributed teams so location is irrelevant for any position at BigML, but we'll do our best to motivate you to temporarily, or permanently, move to Corvallis (Oregon, US) or Valencia (Spain) to work closer to other members of our Predictive Applications team.
End-to-end ownership of all the layers of a predictive application: from data transformations to user interface through modeling and prediction strategies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science.
- Deep knowledge of HTML5 and responsive web design.
- Experience with D3, Django, MongoDB, and MySQL.
- Experience building scalable, performant and highly available web applications.
- Be able to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems.
- Passionate about creating best-in-class online experiences.
Pluses, but not required (you'll learn a lot about them working at BigML anyways):
- Experience developing Machine Learning-driven Applications.
- Experience with Talend.
- Success in creating innovative and user-friendly websites and user-facing features.
- Experience working on distributed teams.
- Start-up experience is ideal.