A-dec has become an employer of choice and the world’s leading manufacturer of reliable dental equipment, including patient chairs, operatory lights, dental delivery systems, and much more. Our global headquarters, located in Newberg, Oregon, spread across more than 50 acres, our vertically integrated manufacturing campus supports many teams with diverse responsibilities all working together to innovate, design, and produce creative, reliable, solutions for our customers.
This position is responsible for a portion of a total engineering project related to the development of embedded systems and integration of cloud-based services.
(Throughout this document, the term “software” is used generically to represent software and/or firmware).
- Independently applies knowledge of software engineering principles to design, code, troubleshoot, and debug software applications.
- Develops new and varied solutions to software problems within A-dec standards and contributes to the value of product design by studying competitive products, customer practices, and identifying customer needs.
- Analyzes software issues to determine suitable solutions to prototypes, production, or field failures by establishing and coordinating design reviews with peers and project leads. Responsible for organizing data and preparing documentation for assigned reviews.
- Responsible for thoroughly testing their software, coordinating others on software verification tests, and testing peer software when necessary.
- Responsible for development and completion of all software documentation, working collaboratively with the hardware engineering team. Ensures documentation is complete, accurate, and properly maintained, recording new ideas in the form of flow charts, state diagrams, etc. to convey concepts.
- May direct the work of drafters, technicians, and others who assist in small projects.
- BS degree and at least two years of relevant, professional engineering experience of increasing complexity or a comparable combination of coursework and experience.
- Embedded software development experience using C/C++.
- Ability to interpret software requirements and apply object-oriented design methodologies.
- Understanding of hardware/software integration techniques and software configuration management (CM) tools.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills with a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment while following established procedures.
- Experience with Linux device tree and kernel development.
- Experience with Yocto for building custom Linux distributions.
- Experience developing and integrating Azure cloud-based services.
- Experience working with real-time operating systems.
- Experience delivering software using Agile development processes.
Drug Screen and Background Check required.
A-dec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, A-dec will not discriminate against applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another. *VEVRAA Federal Contractor”