The SQA Engineer will be an integral part of the QA team that will aid in ensuring Opal’s reliability matches the quality of its UI/UX. This role will collaborate with the Product team to collectively deliver the best and most bullet-proof software possible.
You should be comfortable performing complex testing assignments and collaborating with other technical team members across Product, Design, and Engineering.
Opal is the planning platform that connects strategy to execution. Marketing and communications teams working together in Opal get the visibility they need to stay aligned and collaborate efficiently. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, StateFarm, General Motors, Microsoft and Pepsi.
- Work with functional teams to help embed and assure software quality from the early stages of development.
- Aid in diagnosing, troubleshooting and researching application/system issues as required and propose solutions to problems; providing resolutions in a timely and accurate way while ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Focus on enabling automated, continuous testing resulting in consistent, scalable, quality business solutions.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and cases using Test Rails; building appropriate test strategies based on risk and feasibility.
- Scope, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities with cross-functional teams, facilitating communications and/or meetings as needed to ensure all information has been received, understood and that any additional information is provided.
- Continually collaborate with Engineering, Product and Design teams, as well as stakeholders, to ensure expectations are clear and understood.
- Partner with the engineers, scrum masters, product owners and product managers to deliver testing automation for planning solutions.
- Maintain documentation of all work being done to resolve defects found during testing and be prepared to communicate related information to relevant parties.
- Identify, document and track bugs using JIRA and use Git/GitHub to manage code.
- Ensure defects are entered within the DentaQuest Enterprise Defect Tracking System with an appropriate sense of urgency. Monitor progress through resolution.
- Learn and execute deploy scripts and other console commands.
- Maintain familiarity with Ruby on Rails-based API.
- Coordinate software testing and quality control activities as part of the software release and software maintenance cycle.
- Continually help to develop and refine Opal’s quality assurance process.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- 1-3 years of quality assurance engineering experience supporting enterprise-grade web applications.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth and professional environment.
- Working knowledge of a backend language such as Ruby, Node or Elixir.
- Intermediate knowledge and skills of automated testing.
- Experience with performance, load and stress testing.
- Demonstrated experience working with Agile development teams.
- Experience developing test plans, assessing risk, writing defects and providing relevant data for test reporting.
- Ability to gather and present data to support ideas, projects, and opinions.
- An understanding of and ability to influence quality, modern web application architecture.
- Knowledge of error handling and debugging techniques.
- Strong analytical skills paired with a high attention to detail and associated with a full-featured enterprise platform.
- Comfortable communicator with the ability to articulate and break down information for an audience of designers, engineers, product managers and various other stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working well in an open and collaborative environment.
- Comfortable moving between priorities and deadlines across multiple projects. Skilled at prioritizing tasks and managing time with a bias towards action.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree in a related field a plus.
Some benefits our team members enjoy include:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance for individuals (plus company-subsidized dependent coverage)
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
Pay of $60,000 - 90,000 DOE