Sila’s goal is to transform the financial landscape by creating an open-access financial network with a stable cryptocurrency at its core. We want to help developers and entrepreneurs bring their fintech ideas to market quicker and easier.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us keep growing. As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for automating deployments, managing infrastructure, monitoring and reviewing logs, ensuring that security controls are implemented in compliance with security requirements and best practices. This role will be remote, our core team is in the Portland, OR area. Being in the area or willing to travel to Portland for meetings is preferred.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Deploy/Release: manage releases and monitor deployment using CI/CD tools and version control
- Improve: Continuously and iteratively improve the release process to reduce the release cycle, with the goal of CI/CD
- Monitor: implement, monitor and maintain active and passive monitoring solutions
- Review: perform regular log reviews, escalating and documenting findings as appropriate.
- Assess Security: Support the security team by participating in annual internal security assessments
- Implement Security Controls: Support the security team assisting in reviewing, selecting and implementing appropriate security controls
- Audit: participate in annual internal audits of our security program and support external security and compliance audits
- On-Call: participate in on-call engineer rotation. When on call you will respond to, investigate, escalate and document alerts and security incidents in accordance with our SLA. When not on call you will still be called on to assist the on-call engineer with investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues in a timely manner if required
- Mentor/Train: Share experience and insight with other engineers (especially devops) and seek opportunities to improve processes throughout the company
- Evaluate/Decisions: lend your expertise and insight to assist the engineering team in evaluating, selecting and implementing the best technical solutions to solve challenges
Here is what will have prepared you for this role:
- At least six years experience as a DevOps and/or Security engineer
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Experience managing large-scale cloud deployments, preferably on AWS infrastructure
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines
- Proven evaluation/decision making experience
- Experience managing linux environments
- Experience with containerized monolithic and microservice architectures
- Proficiency with python scripting
- AWS certification (Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, Security or Cloud Practitioner)
- Security certification (CISSP, CISM, CEH, ISSEP or similar)
- Experience working with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB (especially configuration analysis and management)
- Blockchain experience is a plus, especially blockchain infrastructure experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Sila Core Values
- Accountability – we hold each other to the highest standards to ensure quality in ourselves and our products
- Teamwork – we support each other to succeed as a team; we are collaborative and help each other develop
- Fearless – we take calculated risks and we are not afraid to learn from setbacks and failures
- Respect - we treat every team member with respect and welcome differing viewpoints. No mean-spirited, selfish, or condescending behavior allowed
- Integrity – we are honest and forthright about who we are; we admit our mistakes; we live our values
- Fun – we are serious about injecting humor, play, and joy into our daily work
Job Type: Full-time
- Expected Salary is $115,000-145,000, depending on relevant experience.
- Stock options and benefits package including health care, retirement, and responsible “unlimited” time off.