We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in the US thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Product at Vacasa
Our motto is to move fast and dream big. Vacasa is well-resourced and we’re going places. Our culture is laid-back but our turnarounds are tight, so we switch gears quickly. You’ll innovate and iterate, and your work will make an impact.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join our Business Intelligence team to build data and analytics products that provide timely, accurate, and reliable information to all aspects of the business.
You have strong product instincts, and more importantly have an understanding and appreciation for lean product development and user-centered design values and principles. You have seen the effectiveness of empowered and balanced teams and believe in outcomes over output. You believe in doing the right thing and doing what works. You understand that your obligation to the team is to make fast, concrete decisions despite conflicting priorities.
You enjoy working collaboratively with customers, engineers, and data scientists making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable products to users. You are nimble and retrospective, not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we are doing right so we can improve on it. Most importantly, you judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our customers.
You have a technical background, are capable of writing code (in an emergency), and understand how data engineers work and think. You are the kind of person who enjoys thorny problems, wants to take charge to fix them, and you have the ability to understand and communicate complex technical and business systems to a wide audience.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners and internal teams and have deep business context to understand their needs
- Synthesize multiple perspectives into a single voice of clarity
- Influence without authority by understanding your team's needs and expressing well-articulated steps
- Express accountability for the team’s direction and where they’re going
- Determine and prioritize features
- Work directly with your engineering team to drive tactical execution and ensure that our products exceed standards of quality
- Accurately assess timelines and delivery schedules, and clearly communicate opportunities and risks to management
- Test and pilot new solutions, rapidly
- Own product performance by setting success metrics and monitoring them to inform the future product roadmap
- Define, manage, and evolve product vision, strategy, roadmap, and backlog
- Act as a data product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
Skills you’ll need
- Experience working as a product manager with experience in a data-related field including data engineering, data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization, and/or data science
- The standard set of PM skills: understanding customer needs, developing and maintaining a backlog, working with cross-functional teams, and delivering the product
- Service-oriented approach to product management
- Experience with Jira in an Agile development environment is a plus
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MT, NC, NH, NY, NV, NM, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
What you'll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture