Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
What You'll Do:
- Provide product support for Jama Software to customers, Jama partners, and Jama employees through help desk software, phone calls, and screen shares.
- Become a subject matter expert and product guide of Jama Software.
- Perform self-hosted deployments, assist customers through self-hosted installations and upgrades, and solve self-hosted deployments when they go awry.
- Work closely with customers to identify, reproduce, and log defects and follow up if there are no plans for implementation.
- Author and contribute to internal and customer-facing documentation and continuously improve team processes.
- Attend training sessions to know the latest on Jama Software’s evolving features and supported environment changes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation night, weekends, and occasional holidays.
What You'll Bring:
- At least 2 years experience in a support engineer role, preferably in enterprise software with demonstrated success supporting customers.
- Experience working self-directed, within a fast-paced environment – individually, in small teams, or across functional groups.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work with diverse roles across the company and with customers.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, taking initiative to seek internal and external resources.
- Familiarity with REST APIs.
- Experience with containerized applications using Docker, Kubernetes, and KOTS technologies.
- Strong technical background in at least two of the following and familiarity with the others: (1) Setting up, managing, and troubleshooting Linux systems. (2) Ability to set up, navigate, fix, and write basic SQL database queries. (3) Understanding programming languages and how they work in a technical environment. (4) Familiarity with network troubleshooting and working with SSL and proxy servers. (5) Configuring Single-Sign-On solutions (LDAP, AD, SAML, Auth0).
Nice to Have:
- A Computer Science degree, code school certificate, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with cloud applications deployed and maintained by customers in their own cloud environments.
- Experience with Arango Database and Terraform.
Perks and Benefits:
- Virtual first and culturally diverse work environment spanning 8 countries.
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions.
- Flexible time off and leave programs crafted to meet the needs for your rejuvenation and extra support to cope with life events with a quarterly $75 wellness reimbursement.
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans with pre-tax savings accounts and a generous 401(k) employer match.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave to bond with your new family member.
- Emphasis on learning and development at all levels with a subscription to LinkedIn Learning.