Reporting to the Sr. Director, Corporate Services, and based out of the Airship offices in the United States, this position plays a key role in helping create a functional and enjoyable work environment for our employees. Also, oversees operating policies and procedures ensuring those are aligned with Airship’s core values and objectives.
This role is responsible for assisting with the day to day office operations and ensuring that our in office and remote employees have a fantastic Airship experience.
● Survey offices for items that need repair (lights, furniture, signage, etc.), tidy up the office, stock office supplies, check machines to make sure they are working properly
● Monitor snacks/beverages to make sure they are fully stocked
● Work to ensure kitchen and office spaces are clean and tidy
● Diagnose issues that arise and determine the right vendor to get the issues fixed
● Assist with desk moves, relocating equipment to a new spot
● Light troubleshooting of printers, headsets and any other equipment that is having issues
● Help set up furniture and food for events/meetings
● Refill and maintain coffee machines daily
● Supporting remote offices and hubs
● Supporting remote employees and Work from Office/Work from Home guidelines and policies
● Assist in maintaining that the alarm systems and video systems are operational
● Update seating chart on weekly basis and add new hires to seating chart/work order system
● Be a thought leader and futurist in workplace trends.
● Possess a knowledge of some aspects of workplace design and innovation.
● Lead programming efforts and conduct qualitative and quantitative surveys aspiring to the implementation of a balance of each in design.
● Have a love for data and knack for using metrics and data-driven insights to inform design decisions.
● Develop change management process and strategies related to the workplace experience.
● Maintain and foster relationships with clients and consultants with sensitivity to project fees, budgets, schedules.
● Advocate for an inclusive, supportive work culture through listening, learning and actions.
Meeting and AV assistance:
● In partnership with Airship IT, help ensure AV for meetings using Zoom Software is operational, troubleshoot when issues arise.
● Survey conference rooms to ensure equipment is working properly, may require tasks to replace equipment
● Maintain facilities work order system, ensuring all items get done and closing out pending completed tickets
● Receive feedback or suggestions from employees and relay to Facilities team lead for consideration
● Update spreadsheets for expenses and service logs for each vendor/delivery company
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
● 2-5 years of experience in a facilities or workplace related role
● Must be able to work independently with little direction to solve problems while remaining professional and positive at all times.
● Must be able to build and maintain a positive inclusive, supportive, team environment.
● Organized and detail oriented.
● Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) to effectively work with all levels of staff.
The physical demands are representative of an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
● Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
● Standing and walking: particularly for sustained periods of time.
● Stooping and/or kneeling, climb ladders
● Lifting: raising objects up to 50lbs.
● A love of technology
● A need to create and maintain elegant solutions to corporate IT needs
● Enjoyment in organizing and making things "run flawlessly"
● Can-do attitude: you may not know the answer, but you can find it
● Ability to act independently, at the same time knowing when to ask questions
● The ability to put yourself in the shoes of both end users and management
● A positive attitude at all times to helping people