Autodesk Fusion 360 is helping designers and engineers, in a rapidly changing industry landscape, look at and solve their everyday problems differently than they did yesterday. We’re looking for an Experience Designer with a passion for crafting simple solutions for complex problems who’s ignited by the opportunity to grow their career with a global team of design professionals.
As a Senior User Experience Designer at Autodesk you will apply your experience design and research skills as you help us craft the next generation of design and engineering CAD tools for Autodesk Fusion360. You'll work with a talented team of Experience Designers and Experience Architects, as well as stakeholders from Product Management, Software Engineering, Software Architecture, Content Development, and Quality Assurance, to create compelling experiences that help our customers solve their most critical design and manufacturing problems. We’re looking for designers who are excited by getting out of the office to experience the world of our customers' and build strong empathy for the work that they do. Your role will be about synthesizing your learnings and creating solutions that follow the UX strategy to both delight the customer and meet business objectives and deadlines. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate customer requirements through storytelling, interactive prototypes, and other iterative artifacts which serve as part of a complete visual and functional design specification
- Design and evaluate alternative solutions to choose the best approach
- Deliver detailed design documentation for development teams to execute and deliver quality experiences to our customers
- Work with XD Strategists and XD manager to prioritize and execute on project work
- Facilitate and moderate customer research in 1-on-1 and group settings to gain insights to inform better business and design decisions
- Lead presentations and discussions with customers and internal stakeholders to validate designs
- Maintain familiarity with other Autodesk products as well as competitive products to ensure viability with proposed solutions
- Partner with development teams to help drive successful implementation of the design specifications
- Follow up and resolve any implementation issues that affect the design
- Assist other User Experience Designers in the creation and maintenance of interaction and style guides across the company
- Bringing order & simplicity to complex interactions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Quality portfolio of recent professional XD project work
- Collaborative work ethic
- 3+ years professional design experience
- To be considered, please provide your resume and portfolio when applying
- Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction design
- Experience within the fields of Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with 3D design/engineering/manufacturing software (Solidworks, Inventor, Pro/Engineer, etc)
- Working knowledge of mechanical documentation best practices and standards, including: ISO, ASME, DIN, JIS, GB, BS
- Experience establishing/maintaining design patterns
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.