OpenSesame helps develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. With the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers, we are here to help you every step of the way, from finding courses, mapping them to your core competencies, syncing them with your learning delivery platform to increasing utilization and improving your L&D programs. Not only will you have the flexibility of multiple purchasing options from OpenSesame, you’ll find it simple to use and administer your e-learning courses. To learn more, visit www.opensesame.com/about.
About the Team
The Partner Team is an entrepreneurial group focused on growing the company. We are often faced with new situations that require creative thinking and problem-solving. We know how to listen to partners in order to figure out how to build approaches and solutions that benefit everyone. We are also adept at working across departments in the company, such as Marketing, Product, Sales and Curation.
About the Job
There are very few “typical” days as a Strategic Partner Manager. If you require routine, this is not the job for you. For example, you will find yourself working to build relationships both inside and outside the company, finding new opportunities, creating and executing on strategic plans, and helping to enable partner employees.
The Strategic Partner Manager develops, maintains, and expands relationships with named strategic partners. A set of several partners will be assigned with specific sales and lead generation targets.
The Strategic Partner Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Partnerships.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel across the partner organization in each assigned partner account.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for booking and lead generation for assigned partners.
- Within 60 days of hire the SPM will have developed a business plan that incorporates the quota goals for assigned partners.
- Will develop a schedule for reviewing business plans and performance, including regularly scheduled quarterly business review meetings, with each assigned partner.
- Develops and executives on training and enablement plans for each assigned partner.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Regularly reports on performance of assigned partners to goal.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
Performance Based Objectives
- In your first 30 days, you will complete OpenSesame partner onboarding, learn how OpenSesame goes to market, understand the OpenSesame partner models and programs and be assigned a portfolio of partners to manage
- In your first 30 days you will have developed a business plan for your partner portfolio including strategies and tactics to achieve your partner bookings goal
- At the end of 60 days, you will have had introductory calls with each partner in your portfolio and will have scheduled recurring meetings and QBRs with each partner
- At the end of 60 days, you will maintain a partner portfolio dashboard tracking the progress of your partners to goal
- Within your first 90-120 days, you will be meeting the goals set forth in your business plan, working on developing and honing your partner management skills as well as training internally to become OpenSesame Qualified
- Within your first 90-120 days, you will have developed a solid understanding of your your partner portfolio, will have identified and created relationships with key employees at each partner and will present a report to the partner team on what is working well, key challenges and recommended adjustments to your business plan going forward
Performance Driven: We're looking for self-starters with a track record of delivering excellent results, but we're highly selective about who we hire. We don't focus on typical job requirements, instead, we're interested in specific examples from your past experiences. All positions can be based anywhere in the US or UK, and require up to 15 days of travel per year, with senior management and leadership teams requiring up to 35 days.
Compensation: At OpenSesame, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees upon hire, including ISOs, health insurance, 401(k) matching, and paid time off. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, relying on market data to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity: OpenSesame is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of various legally protected characteristics, including criminal history, and strive to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. We prioritize safety and security and may use your information accordingly, and you can contact us for assistance or accommodations during the job application process. For more information on our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, click the provided link.
Pay Transparency: At OpenSesame, we prioritize pay transparency, fairness, and equity to create a positive and inclusive work environment, regularly reviewing our compensation practices to align with our values and goals. We provide competitive and fair compensation to our employees based on their skills, experience, and performance.